We are proud of the high quality precious metals, stones and craftsmanship that feature through out our jewellery collections. As with all jewellery, our pieces will remain in beautiful condition and last longer if treated with the proper care and maintenance. Here are some simple ways to keep your jewellery in great condition and sparkling for longer.
- Ensure you remove your jewellery when applying beauty products such a make-up, moisturiser, body creams, hair products or perfumes.
- Try not to soak or submerge your jewellery in sinks or baths with cleaning products added. This can damage and tarnish your jewellery over time.
- If you swim regularly, it is better to remove your jewellery as chlorine can damage and tarnish your jewellery.
- It is ideal to remove your jewellery when cooking or cleaning as small knocks can damage or dislodge stones and chemicals can discolour the metal and cause corrosion.
- Do not store or display your jewellery in direct sunlight as this can discolour and damage the metal
- Keep your jewellery away from damp or wet environments such as bathrooms to prevent tarnishing and corrosion
- Ensure chains are fastened to prevent tangling and damage
- Keep jewellery in a good quality jewellery box and separate each item to prevent scratching. If you don’t have a jewellery box soft tissue will work well.
Normal wear of your jewellery will pick up natural oil and skin deposits along with dirt and grime from soap, and skincare products. We would recommend getting us to professionally clean your jewellery every few years but there are simple ways you can restore precious metals and add sparkle to diamonds from the comfort of your own home.
STEP 1: FILL A BOWL WITH LUKEWARM WATER AND MILD WASHING UP LIQUID
STEP 2: SOAK YOUR JEWELLERY FOR 10-15 MINUTES
STEP 3: USE A SOFT BRISTLED BRUSH TO LOOSEN ANY DIRT
STEP 4: CHECK DIAMONDS ARE SECURE AND NOTE ANY LOOSE OR DAMAGED STONES OR FIXINGS
STEP 5: RINSE IN CLEAN COLD WATER
STEP 6: CLEAN AND DRY WITH A LINT FREE CLOTH